Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Welcome to Rachel's Knitting Room Blog! This blog has been set up to go along with our Yahoo Group. We are a very friendly and helpful bunch. We do 1 KAL (Knit Along) on the 3rd Monday of each month. If you'd like to join us we'd love to have you! Please come and Visit us for more info :o)

Followers

March 2009 KAL Announcement!


Hey Guys!

Get your needles and cotton ready...our next KAL is coming up! It will begin on MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2009!

We usually knit dishcloths for our group mystery knit alongs but this time I have decided to try something a little different. It will be a larger project than the dishcloths we normally do. We will still be using our worsted weight cotton. It is such a pretty pattern and I just know you'll all love it! For those of our members that don't want to tackle something this large, I believe this pattern can be easily modified into a dish towel or even a dishcloth but I really would love to see us all try and challenge ourselves to make the full pattern...I think that would be awesome. I know the designer is really excited to see all the different results! What I will do is break the pattern up into 5 or 6 days worth of rows like I usually do. At that point the pattern will need to be repeated until you've reached your desired length...this is how the pattern can be modified if you don't want to make the full pattern. I don't want to give away too many hints about the pattern, but I hope I'm making sense. If you have any questions about it you can always email me .

For this pattern it is suggested that you will need:

- 1 BIG ball/cone (solid colour) worsted weight cotton(approx. 508 yards/465m)

PLEASE NOTE: For the colour I would strongly suggest a SOLID colour that suits your kitchen/home.

- US Size 8 (5mm) needles OR size needed to obtain gauge(4st = 1 inch in stockinette stitch)
- 2 stitch markers


This pattern will have knits and purls, and also knit 2 togethers and yarn overs. You can find some very helpful video tutorials here and here.

The instructions will be emailed daily as "special notice" to ensure that everyone gets them...if you are on daily digest and you don't want to wait for the digest to come in for your daily rows, you can always come to the
group site to see the posted rows. As soon as I post them they will appear on the group! I will also be posting the links for the daily rows on our Group Blog so feel free to check our blog daily.

After I post them to the group, I will make a text copy of them just in case anyone misses the post, and I will put them in the group FILES section under, "Our Group Knit Alongs"...just look for "March 2009 KAL ~ Hosted by Rachel".

I'm really looking forward to this one! It's going to be a real fun and pretty one! Thanks so much for participating!

Hugs,
:o)
Rachel

Where you can find me:

Knits by Rachel:
http://www.knitsbyrachel.com/

Rachel's Knitting Corner:
http://rachelsknittingcorner.blogspot.com/

Ravelry(KnitsByRachel):
http://www.ravelry.com/people/KnitsByRachel

Rachel's Knitting Room:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rachels_Knitting_Room/
KAL Info: http://rachelsknittingroom.blogspot.com/

0 comments: