Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Welcome to Rachel's Knitting Room Blog! This blog has been set up to go along with our Yahoo Group. We are a very friendly and helpful bunch. We do 1 KAL (Knit Along) on the 3rd Monday of each month. If you'd like to join us we'd love to have you! Please come and Visit us for more info :o)

Followers

Our March 2009 KAL Scalloped Table Runner



Hey Guys!

As many of you have already figured out, our March kal pattern has been repeating every 20 rows(we have done 3 repeats so far). Yesterday I gave the instructions if any of you wanted to stop at a dishcloth size or to continue on. What I am going to do is post the pattern in full for the ones that would like to continue on with it. Many of you have guessed that it is a table runner which would be correct! This is such a beautiful pattern that is so adaptable...from a dishcloth, to a placemat, to a tea towel or fingertip towel, to a beautiful table runner. Because of the repetition of the rows you can choose to make it any length you want. If you haven't seen or heard of this pattern yet, it is called Scalloped Table Runner and it has been designed by Amy Stender of Fluid Motion. Thank you Amy for allowing us to use such a wonderful pattern for our group knit along!

Here are a few links from her website of this gorgeous pattern:

http://fluidmotion.blogspot.com/2008/05/knitting-scalloped-table-runner.html
http://fluidmotion.blogspot.com/2008/06/knitting-scalloped-table-runner.html
http://fluidmotion.blogspot.com/2008/07/knitting-scalloped-table-runner.html

I hope to be able to knit the whole table runner for my kitchen table...it's just the thing I need to "pretty it up". I'm going to try to post progress pics on my blog so that it motivates me to work on it on a regular basis.

I have to say a HUGE thank you to our Mandi! What a sweetheart for posting her progress pics for us all to see. I always thought it was better to keep the kals a complete mystery but after doing this one and seeing everyone's positive reactions with Mandi's regular photo postings, I think it was a really good thing! I think it is a good idea for others to check to see if they are doing things right, and I also think that if someone was hesitating whether to do the kal or not, seeing a beautiful progress pic may just be the thing they need to encourage them to do it! So thank you for that Mandi!

Thank you to all our members that decided to join us on this one and to the ones that are going to continue with the pattern. I will also make a photo album in the group called MARCH 2009 KAL.

Hugs,
:o)
Rachel

0 comments: